Why is sarcasm so funny? And for that matter why is other people's misfortune so funny when told in a humoristic fashion. (Is humoristic a real word). I love reading other blogs. I try to be positive most of the time. Yet I find sarcasm and other's misfortune so entertaining. I myself can be pretty good at sarcasm, many times to my own detriment. I have one friend in particular who I have so much fun talking to. She's so easy to be sarcastic with. We talked forever yesterday on the phone, which of course rarely ever happens, because it's all about the texting now. I actually don't like texting but yet I find that I do it ALL the time. I even avoid phone calls sometimes because I don't want to talk on the phone. Then I'll text later to see what they called for. Makes no sense to me.
Anyway, back to the topic, we talked for like an hour and a half yesterday. Even though the topic we were discussing was quite serious, I kept finding us laughing and making sarcastic comments. I haven't decided if I'm good for her or she's bad for me. Gotta lover her though. I also find myself quite often being sarcastic to my husband. I don't do it to be mean or belittle him, it's just funny. This is only going to be increased by the fall weather. I love fall and it somehow makes me feisty - aka sarcastic. I find myself full of sarcastic quips and comments. So although I don't know why it's so funny to me, I continue to get great pleasure out of it......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment